Friday, June 22, 2012

Washington D.C, A Long Car Ride, And Tons of Walking!

I finally published the last article, about Christmas! Anyway, this is now Spring Break and we went on a trip. By looking at the title, you can probably guess where we went.....
   Yes, we went to Washington D.C. Maybe I should start at the beginning. This is going to be a long article.....
This is an elephant at the National Zoo

This is us watching the changing of the guards
       On Wednesday morning around 9:00 we left to go to Washington D.C. Once we got there we went to the national zoo. The last time I had been there I was about three years old. We stayed for about two hours then went to Arlington Cemetery. That's where all the solders who were killed in a war were buried. Also if you were very important like a president or senator or something like that then you were buried there also. John F. Kennedy's grave was there. It had an everlasting flame right by it. We also witnessed the changing of the guards. That was pretty cool but a little hard to understand.. After we saw that we started heading towards the hotel we were going to stay at. It was called Hampton Inn. Of course we just had to get lost though. It took us over an hour to find it. When we finally did find it we were not even sure if they had availability because my mom hadn't reserved it. Luckily it did!
Andrew jumping in the pool
Ally trying to do a handstand
Ryan attempting a belly flop
     The hotel was very nice. The room had blue carpet, two double beds, a desk with a chair, a TV, a fridge, a microwave, a shower and bathroom too. While my mom looked for a pizza my dad took us to the indoor pool that they had there. It was really nice because we had it all to our selves. We finally found a pizza place and ate our pizza at the pool. It was time for bed and Ryan and Daddy slept on one bed, and Mommy, Andrew, and Ben slept on the other. Ally and I slept on the floor. I slept on the side between the bed that Ry and Daddy were sleeping in and the chair. I slept so well because I had this really heavy and comfy blanket.

     In the morning Andrew and I woke up early and rode the elevator down to the free breakfast that they provided. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good! They had blueberry muffins, cereal, bagels, coffee, waffles, bacon, hard boiled and scrambled eggs, yogurt, donuts, fruit, and more! I had 2 blueberry muffins, bacon, half a donut, apple jacks cereal,  milk, and some scrambled eggs. Yum!!!!!!! The only bad part about going down was that Andrew and I were the only ones with pajamas, everyone else was dressed up!
  



     We went in the pool one last time then left. We drove into Georgetown, a town near Washington D.C, and accidentally stumbled upon a cupcake store called Georgetown Cupcakes. I don't know if you've ever heard of it but it has it's own TV show! There was hardly any line so we decided that we would go get cupcakes! I got the Vanilla Birthday which was just a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting but it tasted better than a regular cupcake.
        After that we went to visit the White House, but we couldn't go in. We also went to a few Smithsonian Museums like the Air and Space Museum, the Museum of Natural History, and The Museum of American History. Unfortunately We didn't have very much time to go in the Museum of American History because we were running out of time on our parking meter. That is why we didn't get to see the First Ladies dresses. Next time, though.
    Over all we had a great time and hope to return soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment